To buy a domain name from uKit, follow these simple steps:
- 1. Sign in to your uKit account and select Domains > My domains > Buy domain from the left menu of the Dashboard.
- 2. Enter a desired domain name into the search box and click "Search".
- 3. Choose a domain extension and click "Buy".
- 4. Select the registration period and your payment method, click “Pay”.
- 5. Enter your contact information and click "Next".
- 6. If you have more than one uKit website you'll be offered to choose a specific website to connect your new domain name to.
Can’t decide? Here are some tips on how to choose a domain name for a business website:
1) Choose a domain name relevant to your business. Use the words that describe your business or contain the name of your brand, e.g. if you are a tattoo artist it’s a good idea to include “tattoo” into the domain name. Having a keyword-based domain name will be also good for SEO.
2) Make the domain catchy and easy to remember. A memorable domain will help potential customers distinguish it from other similar businesses and recommend it by word of mouth.
3) Keep the name as short as possible and easy to type. This way you won’t lose traffic just because you chose an unusual spelling and a potential customer misspells the domain.
4) Select the right domain extension. A domain extension is its ending, e.g. .com, .net, .org etc. The .com extension is the most popular one, and most customers will assume that’s the one your business has. It may be a good idea to connect several domains to your website to cover wider audience, e.g. .com and your country domain: .de, .co.uk and so on.
5) Make sure the chosen domain name doesn’t infringe any copyrights or trademarks. For the USA, for example, this can be done on the following website: www.copyright.gov It is also a good idea to Google the potential name to see if there are any awkward or unwanted associations.
If you are wondering how much a business domain name will cost, the standard price is $10-$25, depending on the domain extension you choose. We won’t take into account some of the craziest domain sales that reached tens million USD.